Letter to families 29.01.21
Dear families of Robin Hood Juniors,
It seems school is going to be running remotely for a little while yet and I know lots of us are finding this tough. The weather hasn’t been great, apart from the brief snow excitement last weekend and the news is all a bit dreary. Good things this week have been that the online chats and Google Classroom work are going really well and most children are enjoying it. Also that we all love hearing from you – whether it’s online; on the phone or by email. I have really enjoyed my story slot and seeing the children’s comments; it reminds me of when my children were this age. Teachers are working really hard to put up clear, structured lessons that the children can access without too much adult help so:
Children – your job is to:
- Access the lessons and have a go – show your parents what independent learners you are.
- Tackle things like you do in class – use your brain first, play the recording again and think hard! Then ask a question – one of your friends or a teacher will help. Someone is there all day!
Adults - your job is to:
- Keep your family safe and well mentally & physically.
- Encourage children and provide a place to work.
- Take a step back from school work – they don’t need 1:1 support all day – they are amazing!
- Ask questions about their learning but don’t review it or do it!
- Set limits – not too much screen time; get them outside and do other things.
- Do what works for your family.
- Contact us for help if you need it.
I would ask that if there is something happening that affects your child or your family; illness, bereavement or a change in family circumstances, that you let us know in confidence. This will mean we can be sensitive to this and not contact you at a bad time.
I have started posting the text of the weekly letter on ‘Latest News’ on the website as this way, speakers of other languages can translate it by using the Google translate button at the top right hand corner of the page. If you know of a parent who would find this helpful – please let them know. Finally, below is some information about a parent survey you may be interested in.