We are delighted that once again we have been recognised as one of the London Mayor’s Schools for Success. Only 3% of London’s schools attain this and we are the only primary school in the Borough to be recognised in this way.
The award focuses on our work with children who are at a disadvantage for any reason. Among the work we did I would highlight how we:
- Use pupil progress meetings to focus on needs and how to use the tools we have
- Focus on broadening life experiences for children
- Introduced paired and reciprocal reading
- Built a library
- Invested in reading support, such as buying books for children who don't have access to them
- Piloted EAL support schemes and trained staff to implement them in school
- Introduced before school 1:1 tuition
- Invested in emotional wellbeing support and a comprehensive programme of parental engagement workshops and support
Mrs Rose and Mrs Broers will go to City Hall in October to receive the award which is very exciting.