At Robin Hood Junior School we will support children and adults to be:
- literate and numerate –we want to achieve outcomes which build on our starting points and reflect our high expectations
- hardworking – this means being reflective and resilient; able to persevere, punctual and aware of our place in the community
- communicators –through all areas of the curriculum and in all our interactions with others we aim to communicate clearly and effectively
- brave – we are taking risks in our learning, extending ourselves and those around us
- compassionate – showing we are aware of differing experiences and opportunities; being proactive, tolerant and open to ideas.
We hope you will see this through our Strategic Development Plan; our curriculum plans and most importantly through the children’s developing knowledge and understanding of subjects; the world they live in and the connections between them. We want to build a growing web of memory!
Our curriculum planning will:
- Focus on coherence and narrative within subject domains so key concepts are regularly revisited.
- Be sequenced and imaginative
- Connect pupils to great works of the past and the richness, variety and opportunities of the modern world.
- Teach reflection, critical thinking and questioning.
- Maintain the quality of teaching and commitment so that no child gets left behind.
As a maintained school we follow the National Curriculum including a detailed programme of Relationships, Sex & Health Education. Personal development is a priority in all we teach as are our expectations for learning attitudes and behaviours.
Assemblies and whole school events support this and celebrate our life in this country; diversity and inclusion are reflected and embedded and will continue to develop.